Assertiveness Training Course Sydney
Pre-Course Webinar: Wednesday 14th June - 7pm
Course Dates: Saturday 17th & 24th June, 2017
Times: 9am to 5pm
Location: Liverpool Room, Adina Apartments, 511 Kent St, Sydney
Is This Assertiveness Course For You?
If you want to:
Speak up in challenging situations
Increase your leadership abilities
Gain authority and recognition
Be positive, confident and self-assured
Resolve issues and create better relationships
... then this Assertiveness Training Course is for you!
This course covers the foundations of understanding yourself and others, right through to advanced levels of communicating assertively. You will know how to stand your ground and speak up for what you want in a calm, clear, and confident manner.
See what others have said about our training - see Feedback
Assertiveness Empowers You
Prior to commencing the course, you will be asked to complete a survey to advise us of your training requirements and complete some questions for the course.
You will also be instructed to log into a pre-course webinar which can be taken from the comfort of your own home.
Then you'll attend two full days training in Sydney, where you will step into your power and be able to express yourself assertively.
There is a week break in between the training days, so you can review, reflect and try out some of your new skills. Then you come back the following week to discuss ideas and complete your course.
Our trainers make sure you learn in a supportive, respectful, encouraging, playful environment.
Note 1: Assertiveness is not aggression.
The skills you learn at this course will awaken you to your own power and enable you to be more aware, observant and increase your emotional intelligence so you can respond and act appropriately.
Assertiveness Training Includes:
Foundations of Assertiveness
- Distinguish between passive, assertive, and aggressive behaviours
- Understand how socialization affects your behaviour in the business environment
- Identify personal work situations and obstacles that challenge assertive behaviour
Identify Your Weaknesses and Strengths
- Assess your assertiveness style and preferences
- Know how value systems impact your assertiveness
- Identify ways to reduce role conflict
Develop Inner Strength
- Explore the assertive components of becoming comfortable in your own S.K.I.N. : Support self-esteem; Know self; Initiate dialogue; Negate negative self-talk
Improve Your Impact with Others
- Understand the 3 components of communication and factors that influence their impact
- Apply active and reflective listening skills to build assertiveness techniques
- Listen and respond assertively to feedback and criticism
- Dealing with aggressive and submissive behaviours
Assertive Strategies and Application
- Demonstrate a 5-step model to express assertive language
- Explore 5 assertive techniques: broken record, fogging, negative assertion, negative inquiry and self-disclosure
- Know how to make and refuse requests
- Respond appropriately to common put-down statements
- Videotape of practice sessions
Integrate Assertiveness Skills into Your Life
- Review the uses of strategic tools, models and techniques
- Apply assertiveness techniques to analyse and plan around your own must-solve situations
- Facing up to challenges
- Holding difficult conversations
- Create a plan for addressing your current situations
Learn How to Be Assertive and You Will:
Achieve win-win in day to day situations
Stand your ground, think clearly and feel assured when under pressure
Take responsibility for yourself and your actions without blaming others
Express your ideas and feelings in an open, direct and honest manner
Stay calm; Ask questions and separate facts from opinions
Master open body language and steady eye contact
Gain a deeper understanding and compassion for yourself and others
Think positively, improve your career and leadership skills
Speak up, make a difference and contribute the real you to the world!