This Business Etiquette Course will ensure you are aware of the importance of meeting common workplace standards, how certain behaviours affect others within the organisation, and indeed how that affects the business as a whole.
Alternatively, it might be that you or others in your team need to have honest conversations with each other to ensure they work together collaboratively.
The session will help you build self-awareness and will highlight the important parts of business etiquette and why it’s such an important topic.
Communicate in a Way that Impacts Others
As our day to day roles move from the static office based 9-5 jobs to more flexible and remote working practices, it is becoming more important that we focus on modern business etiquette to connect appropriately with others to ensure success. Whether it is in person or over email and telephone, it is worth thinking about our social impact and behaviours on others to ensure we work collaboratively and effectively.
How Are You Coming Across?
This course been designed to help you think about how you can successfully build a professional relationship in whatever environment you work in. You are encouraged to think about how you already come across, as well as how you can give feedback to others who perhaps might need some extra support.
- Understand that business etiquette isn’t a fluffy “nice to have” but an integral part of your organisation
- Think about what the impact the words they use have – both face to face and over email
- Combat business jargon to help keep communication clear and simple
- Experience the power of listening, and understand that multi-tasking is a myth
- Explore their own personal impact, and work to be present in all interactions
- Demonstrate effective meeting management to optimise time and resources
- Understand how to support others who, perhaps, may struggle with business etiquette
Ultimately, this course enables you to be able to work smarter and accomplish both personal and company objectives in an efficient and collaborative way.
Key Components of the Business Etiquette Course include:
- What Exactly IS Business Etiquette? – A chance to explore what business etiquette means, as well as understand the importance of it in our organisations.
- Impact of the Words We Use – We will explore how our intention can be very different to how a recipient interprets what we say or write.
- Email Etiquette – How we can use email in a smarter way, whilst avoiding the dreaded business jargon we all use in our organisations.
- The Power of Listening – A look at why we listen, and how impactful empathetic listening really is.
- Exploring our Personal Impact – An exploration of Patsy Rodenburg’s “circles of energy”, which is linked to our own personal resilience to ensure we achieve the personal impact we want.
- Effective Meeting Management – A chance to analyse how much time we spend in meetings, how useful that time is and how we can work smarter to ensure time and resources are well spent.
- Supporting Business Etiquette in Others – Sometimes, others might be unaware of the impact they have on others through poor business etiquette. This section will look at why this might be, and how we can feedback to these individuals in a supportive way.
As with all our training experiences, this course is designed to be interactive and engaging and tailored to your specific work environment.