The key aim of this ‘How to Give Feedback Course’ is to understand the benefits of giving and receiving feedback in the right way.
What’s stopping us from giving honest feedback?
Most people’s concern when giving feedback is, how do you tell someone something they don’t want to hear? How do you give an honest assessment that gets the results and changes you want to see, and doesn’t demoralise your team?
The reason for this is that honest critiques are often perceived as negative, and we don’t want to bear the weight of saying something that is negative or critical. We biologically avoid the negative.
Be a better leader by giving regular feedback
Although, research has shown that employees crave honest feedback (80% of employees want more feedback from their managers.) Leaders who give feedback are rated by their team as 5x more effective, and their team is 3x more engaged.
You are a better leader when you give honest feedback.
This course will enable you to establish clear, specific, and constructive feedback methods to encourage your team to learn as they work, recognising where they need to improve and what they do well.
- Recognise the importance of feedback
- Know how to give positive feedback
- Know how to give constructive feedback
- Recognise what to do with feedback
- Know various models available to help in the feedback process
- DESC Model – Describe, Explain, Specify & Consequences
- STAR Model – Situation or Task, Action & Result
- GROW Model – Goal, Reality, Options & Will