The ability to communicate effectively is essential in business and this Listening Skills Course will underpin your ability to be a great communicator.
Being able to listen effectively is so important for business success, and developing relationships with clients and team members. It also makes you stand out as a throughtful, considerate leader.
Key Components of the Listening Skills Course include:
- Why are listening skills important? – Participants discuss why good listening skills are so important.
- Hearing and Listening – We consider the difference between hearing and listening
- Sweet Tasty Orange – Participants take part in a lively activity to help demonstrate some of the key reasons why we can fail to listen effectively
- Simple Listening Technique – Participants are provided with a simple and effective approach to effective listening.
- Types of Information – This builds on the simple listening technique by considering the three types of information we will hear if we listen effectively.
- Listening Activity – Participants pair up and are given the opportunity to practice the simple listening technique and receive and provide feedback to each other.
- Active Listening Skills – Taking the principles of the simple listening technique and developing it with a structure for active listening skills.