What motivates people? Money? Working environment? Opportunity to progress?
Well, all of these to a certain extent. This training starts with the basics and works its way towards understanding what motivates all of us.
Studying motivational theories of Herzberg, McGregor and Maslow will help participants understand why people behave in a particular way and inform the approach they can take to resolve performance issues linked to motivation.
- Understand approaches they can take to resolve performance issues that are linked to a lack of motivation.
- Be aware that only way to get a person to do something is to make the person want to do it in order to get something they want, or avoid something they don’t want.
- Understand why people behave in a particular way and what incentivizes them.
- Discover what dissatisfies your team and look at ways of increasing job satisfaction, using Herzberg’s theory.
- Alternatively, compare McGregor’s X & Y theories to examine your own style.
- Finally, Maslow’s Hierarchy of needs may be useful to help you recognise what individuals in your team need to improve their personal motivation.