Public Speaking Course
Dates: 3rd & 4th June, 2019
Time: 9am to 4pm
Location: Presidential Deluxe Suite,
Crowne Plaza Hotel,
1 Binara Street, Canberra ACT
Inform, Engage & Influence!
Do you want to know how to speak up confidently in business and present your ideas effectively in order to enhance your career, business and leadership success?
At this 2-day Public Speaking Course in CANBERRA, you’ll be provided with the knowledge, techniques, practical experience to prepare, create and deliver highly effective speeches.
In addition, you will learn from an award-winning public speaker and qualified trainer in a supportive and encouraging environment. Above all, you will know how to create and deliver presentations that inform, engage and influence any audience!
The Public Speaking Course in Canberra will help you to:
Speak up confidently at work
Keep your audience engaged & interested in your presentations
Organise your thoughts, stay on track and get to the point
Make your message meaningful, relevant and persuasive
Understand and use effective body language
Feel more confident, make lasting impression & influence your audience
Improve your career and be recognised as a leader in your field
given knowledge and practical experience in:
- Setting & achieving speech objectives.
- Ensuring your message is relevant and meaningful to the audience.
- 3 Structured frameworks – Organise your thoughts; get to the point; stay on track.
- Powerful, attention-grabbing Openings (A.TT.I.C.S Technique © )
- Compelling, action-packed Closes (S.Q.A.C. Technique © )
- Fine-tuning language: stories, phrases, metaphors, facts/figures.
- Making your message stick!
- Evaluating yourself & others
- Understanding what makes a speech great.
given knowledge, techniques and practical experience in:
- Mastering body language – Non-verbal communication skills
- Knowing how to ‘walk the stage’
- Improving your vocal expression
- Using your voice for effect
- Strategic steps to avoid ‘Death by PowerPoint’
- Tips on using notes / podium / handouts effectively
- Controlling Q&A sessions
given techniques and exercises in:
- Uncovering fears around public speaking
- Applying the B.A.M. Confidence Techniques (Body, Action, Mind)
Take a Look at the Course Session Plans:
- Define qualities of excellent public speakers
- Deliver Your Speech – Initial assessment
- Evaluate a Presentation – Know what to look for & how to improve it
SPEECH PREPARATION Skills
- Creating Speech Objectives: Objectives, outcomes, purpose, situation
- Understand your Audience:
- Analysis, needs, expectations, demographics
- Audience’s attention spans – Why they stop listening, and what to do about it.
CREATING & WRITING SPEECH Techniques
- Understand why most speeches fail
- Opening tips – Ready-made examples
- Your Core Message – ‘Phrase That Pays!’
- Use Powerful Language – Literary techniques to add extra spark
- Art of Communicating’s Speech Structure Map, including:
- Begin Powerfully – A.TT.I.C.S. Opening Technique
- Finish with Conviction – S.Q.A.C. Close Technique
- 3 Persuasive Speech Structures to keep you on track and get to the point
- Speech templates – For time-efficiency
- Fun scenarios – For you to practice creating & delivering.
- What’s sabotaging your emotional state?
- B.A.M. Confidence Technique – Know how to boost your confidence and manage your nerves
- Video reviews of your speeches with feedback
- 1st Impressions Count
- Elements of Communication – What’s important?
- Stop Boring Your Audience! – Engagement techniques
- Your Body Speaks – Eye contact, gestures, facial expression
- How to Move – When and how to walk the stage
- Improve Your Voice – Pace, power, pitch and pause
- Anchoring Stories – Emotion, stories, past & future ideas
- Delivering Fascinating Facts & Statistics
- Handling Q&A – Manage time, people and responses
- Use Props Professionally – Notes, lectern, handouts
- Effective Use of PowerPoint
TRANSFORMATION – The Grand Finale!
- Re-write your original presentation embedding new skills
- Re-deliver your speech – Captured on video and given to you on a stick
- Final feedback and suggestions to take your skills to the next level
- Create your action plan for continued improvement
- Certificates of Achievement awarded & celebrated!
Career and Business Success
Many of our course participants say their lives have changed after receiving this training. That is because they stand out and are recognised once they know how to speak up confidently and present information professionally in business situations.
Friendly, Supportive, Enthusiastic Learning Environment
Our Public Speaking Trainers have over 15 years experience in training and developing communication and leadership skills across many industries – from very flamboyant, leading-edge entrepreneurs, to the steady, quiet, reserved sectors.
You will get tips and techniques from their extensive business and public speaking experience, as well as skills used by professional speakers from around the world.
In all cases, you will develop your skills in a friendly, supportive and enthusiastic environment, receive constructive feedback to improve and therefore find it easy to stand up and express yourself with confidence.
- Analysis of your strengths & weaknesses
- Video of your performances – before & after results
- Expert coaching from an award-winning speaker
- Personal attention – Max 8 in the class
- Practical experience – apply new techniques immediately
- Art of Communicating’s Public Speaking Manual
- Canberra Public Speaking Workbook
- Morning teas & delicious lunches at 332 Manhattan
- Canberra Public Speaking Certificate of Achievement
Is This Public Speaking Course For You?
If you want to:
- Speak up confidently at work
- Deliver dynamic business presentations
- Promote your business, product or service
- Become influential and persuasive
- Improve your career opportunities
- Speak as a leader in your field
… then this 2-day Public Speaking Course in Canberra is for you!
Thank you for the fantastic course. You are a true professional, passionate and have clearly thought through what would be beneficial for participants of the course.
Both Cam and I came away from your course feeling much more confident and motivated. It has encouraged us to seek out opportunities to speak and I have recommended the course to everyone at work.
It was extremely useful to learn different types of delivery methods, because I can now change my tone of voice to make it more effective and know how to use body language. That was a real eye-opener!
I also really liked your powerful opening technique – A.TT.I.C.S. – It almost writes the speech by itself!
Charmaine you put me at ease from the outset. You have really useful knowledge to impart for business and leadership communication.
The filming of our speeches and reviewing them with constructive feedback from you and the class was really useful. Also, the speech frameworks you provided were excellent!
The training for the past 2 days has been really, truly fruitful and honestly, Charmaine Burke is an expert in her own right. God bless her work!!
She is naturally gifted, so I just pray that she can continue to help many others like me.
I felt very comfortable in an area that I’m normally extremely hesitant about – public speaking. Well done to Charmaine, our Trainer!
Because no one has analysed my public speaking techniques before, the critique of my current patterns, outlining what worked and what didn’t was very useful. This was an amazing course.
It’s been a pleasure learning from you, Charmaine! You have a wealth of knowledge and it’s fantastic that you are able to pass it on.
I have definitely learnt a lot about public speaking, structuring a speech, understanding body language and vocal expression. Great venue too!
The trainer was great! This was by far one of the most interestingly run technical training course I have ever attended.
I found the strategic methods of the A.TT.I.C.S. opening technique, various speech structures and the S.Q.A.C. closing techniques, all extremely useful.
I gained in every aspect and found it really useful to put what we were learning into use immediately with practice and feedback during the course.
I will use it in every day and in every aspect. Great course.
The training was just right for me. The small class size meant we all got lots of practical experience and coaching.
I now know how to achieve my speech objectives, stay on track and improve my public speaking confidence.
I can see value in this training, specifically tailored to the needs of my work area and building real-world speeches.
The best things about this course was the structure, opening and closing techniques and I loved the vocal expression exercises.
Fantastic course. Charmaine was a great mentor and I now feel I have the confidence to continue to practice my public speaking.
Delivering the speeches was challenging for me! I now understand the importance of non-verbal communication, therefore I will continue to communicate through body language so my visual message is congruent and reinforces my message.
Loved the course! EXCELLENT! 🙂
I got out of my comfort zone and learned how to prepare and delivery an engaging presentation and practical tips for more confidence.
I learned so much, it was all great!
Charmaine was very cooperative and enjoyable to work with.
It was very beneficial to gain confidence to speak in public.
My presentation went very well, in no small part due to your expert tuition – Thank you!
My speech was very polished, and very well received.
I now feel that I know what I am doing and what I should be aiming for.
This training was perfect for taking me from a mid level-manager to a leader who speaks with influence.
Definitely top marks in all areas of public speaking. Thank you.
Thank you for everything, your course has been and will continue to be life changing to me, opening my eyes to the world of public speaking.
My event went smoothly and the feedback I received was overwhelmingly positive. I felt confident and I got wonderful applause.
It was a very positive experience and I am looking forward to another opportunity to MC or public speak.
Please read the course terms and conditions before you book.
We are confident our training methods produce results. If you are not completely satisfied, we provide a full money-back guarantee.