Public Speaking Course
Dates: 6th & 7th May, 2019
Time: 9am to 4pm
Location: Deluxe Suite, Crowne Plaza Hotel,
1 Binara Street, Canberra ACT
Inform, Engage & Influence!
This Public Speaking Course in Canberra provides you with the knowledge, techniques, and practical experience to speak up confidently in business.
You will learn from an award-winning public speaker and qualified trainer to create and deliver presentations that inform and keep your audience hooked on every word.
This course will help you to:
Speak up confidently at work
Keep your audience engaged & interested in your presentations
Organise your thoughts, stay on track and get to the point
Make your message meaningful, relevant and persuasive
Understand and use effective body language
Feel more confident, make lasting impression & influence your audience
Improve your career and be recognised as a leader in your field
given knowledge and practical experience in:
- Setting & achieving speech objectives.
- Ensuring your message is relevant and meaningful to the audience.
- 3 Structured frameworks – Organise your thoughts; get to the point; stay on track.
- Powerful, attention-grabbing Openings (A.TT.I.C.S Technique © )
- Compelling, action-packed Closes (S.Q.A.C. Technique © )
- Fine-tuning language: stories, phrases, metaphors, facts/figures.
- Making your message stick!
- Evaluating yourself & others
- Understanding what makes a speech great.
given knowledge, techniques and practical experience in:
- Mastering body language – Non-verbal communication skills
- Knowing how to ‘walk the stage’
- Improving your vocal expression
- Using your voice for effect
- Strategic steps to avoid ‘Death by PowerPoint’
- Tips on using notes / podium / handouts effectively
- Controlling Q&A sessions
given techniques and exercises in:
- Uncovering fears around public speaking
- Applying the B.A.M. Confidence Techniques (Body, Action, Mind)
Course Session Plans:
- Define qualities of excellent public speakers
- Deliver Your Speech – Initial assessment
- Evaluate a Presentation – Know what to look for & how to improve it
SPEECH PREPARATION Skills
- Creating Speech Objectives: Objectives, outcomes, purpose, situation
- Understand your Audience:
- Analysis, needs, expectations, demographics
- Audience’s attention spans – Why they stop listening, and what to do about it.
CREATING & WRITING SPEECH Techniques
- Understand why most speeches fail
- Opening tips – Ready-made examples
- Your Core Message – ‘Phrase That Pays!’
- Use Powerful Language – Literary techniques to add extra spark
- Art of Communicating’s Speech Structure Map, including:
- Begin Powerfully – A.TT.I.C.S. Opening Technique
- Finish with Conviction – S.Q.A.C. Close Technique
- 3 Persuasive Speech Structures to keep you on track and get to the point
- Speech templates – For time-efficiency
- Fun scenarios – For you to practice creating & delivering.
- What’s sabotaging your emotional state?
- B.A.M. Confidence Technique – Know how to boost your confidence and manage your nerves
- Video reviews of your speeches with feedback
- 1st Impressions Count
- Elements of Communication – What’s important?
- Stop Boring Your Audience! – Engagement techniques
- Your Body Speaks – Eye contact, gestures, facial expression
- How to Move – When and how to walk the stage
- Improve Your Voice – Pace, power, pitch and pause
- Anchoring Stories – Emotion, stories, past & future ideas
- Delivering Fascinating Facts & Statistics
- Handling Q&A – Manage time, people and responses
- Use Props Professionally – Notes, lectern, handouts
- Effective Use of PowerPoint
TRANSFORMATION – The Grand Finale!
- Re-write your original presentation embedding new skills
- Re-deliver your speech – Captured on video and given to you on a stick
- Final feedback and suggestions to take your skills to the next level
- Create your action plan for continued improvement
- Certificates of Achievement awarded & celebrated!
Stand Out and Be Recognised!
The feedback from many of our course participants say their lives have changed after receiving this training, as they stand out and are recognised once they know how to speak up confidently and present information professionally in business situations.
Friendly, Supportive Environment
You will learn tips and techniques from our highly experienced trainers and award-winning public speakers, as well as professional speakers from around the world.
Our Public Speaking Trainers have over 15 years experience in training and developing communication and leadership skills across many industries – from very flamboyant, leading-edge entrepreneurs to the steady, quiet, reserved sectors.
In all cases, you will learn in a friendly, supportive and enthusiastic environment and find it easy to stand up and express yourself with confidence, and receive constructive feedback to improve.
Is This Course For You?
If you want to:
- Speak up confidently at work
- Deliver dynamic business presentations
- Promote your business, product or service
- Become influential and persuasive
- Improve your career opportunities
- Speak as a leader in your field
… then this Public Speaking Course in Canberra is for you!
Over 2 days you will learn the ground rules for effective public speaking, right through to advanced levels of connecting and interacting with an audience.
- Analysis of your strengths & weaknesses
- Video of your performances – before & after results
- Expert coaching from an award-winning speaker
- Personal attention – Max 8 in the class
- Practical experience – apply new techniques immediately
- Art of Communicating’s Public Speaking Manual
- Canberra Public Speaking Workbook
- Morning teas & delicious lunches at 332 Manhattan
- Canberra Public Speaking Certificate of Achievement (upon delivery of final speech)
Please read the course terms and conditions before you book.
We are confident our training methods produce results. If you are not completely satisfied, we provide a full money-back guarantee.