Public Speaking Course
Dates: 16th & 17th December 2019
Time: 9am to 4pm
Location: Conference Room,
Mantra Collins Hotel,
58 Collins Street, Hobart TAS
Learn to Speak Confidently and Engage Your Audience
Do you want to speak up confidently in business and present your ideas effectively in order to enhance your career, business and leadership success?
At this 2-day public speaking course in Hobart, you’ll be provided with knowledge, techniques, practical experience to create and deliver highly effective speeches.
In addition, you will learn from an award-winning public speaker and qualified trainer in a supportive and encouraging environment. Above all, you will know how to create and deliver effective speeches that will inform, engage and influence your audience!
Learn public speaking in Hobart to help you to:
Speak up confidently at work; Improve your career; Develop leadership skills.
Keep your audience engaged & interested in your presentations
Organise your thoughts in order to stay on track and get to the point
Be persuasive by making your message meaningful and relevant
Improve vocal expression and body language
Open powerfully and close with conviction
Improve your career and be recognised as a leader in your field
Develop public speaking confidence
All the tips were relevant to developing my communication. The part that was most useful was developing the purpose of my speech and all the techniques that will make me connect to my audience.
A fantastic course!
This course was of enormous benefit to me as it helped me to structure my speeches, simplify the core message and use body language.
Most importantly, I was able to break my business message down to 4 powerful words that are clear and easy to remember, and can be used to brand my business. I am now able to speak confidently about my business services to anyone!
Very valuable for my professional and personal advancement.
It helped me greatly to build confidence and develop communication skills.
I loved the experience and improved enormously in my completion of the public speaking course.
Strong use of theory and practice. Excellent!
I thoroughly recommend this course to anyone wanting to improve their confidence, structuring and delivery skills in public speaking.
The trainer, Charmaine, created a class which was very supportive, fun, positive and passionate.
I would encourage everyone I know to participate in this course as it’s been a great way to learn to speak with confidence and develop essential communication skills.
I’d just like to say how much I’m enjoying this class. I love the fact that everyone is sharing something of themselves through their stories, which we so rarely see in social or class situations.
You really do make it such a safe and supportive environment that I feel my confidence boosting with every class.
Learning public speaking was extremely beneficial to me because I learnt to answer impromptu questions, be comfortable in my own skin and own my space.
A sincere thank you to Charmaine, the Trainer. She has a gift of explaining things in a way that is very understandable and I was able to see things in a different light. It’s helped me in almost every aspect of my life!
GREAT experience, great environment and a well worth the investment. I liked the constructive feedback, learning in a safe environment and trying new things that I normally wouldn’t risk doing.
Most people would pay a lot more money to learn and improve from your training. Excellent value… I think you should even charge more for your sessions!!
Great trainer and course. I really enjoyed all aspects. The time went quickly but it was definitely worthwhile.
I learned about structuring and presentation efficiency, how to improve delivery and boost confidence.
Communication skills improved dramatically and confidence ZOOMED!
Great inspiring tutor – motivating – great set of people, all encouraging and enthusiastic. Loved it!
given knowledge and practical experience in:
- Setting & achieving speech objectives.
- Ensuring your message is relevant and meaningful to the audience.
- 3 Structured frameworks – Organise your thoughts; get to the point; stay on track.
- Powerful, attention-grabbing Openings (A.TT.I.C.S Technique © )
- Compelling, action-packed Closes (S.Q.A.C. Technique © )
- Fine-tuning language: stories, phrases, metaphors, facts/figures.
- Making your message stick!
- Evaluating yourself & others
- Understanding what makes a speech great.
given knowledge, techniques and practical experience in:
- Mastering body language – Non-verbal communication skills
- Knowing how to ‘walk the stage’
- Improving your vocal expression
- Using your voice for effect
- Strategic steps to avoid ‘Death by PowerPoint’
- Tips on using notes / podium / handouts effectively
- Controlling Q&A sessions
given techniques and exercises in:
- Uncovering fears around public speaking
- Applying the B.A.M. Confidence Techniques (Body, Action, Mind)
Take a look at the course session plans:
- Define qualities of excellent public speakers
- Deliver Your Speech – Initial assessment
- Evaluate a Presentation – Know what to look for & how to improve it
PREPARE THE SPEECH
- Creating Speech Objectives: Objectives, outcomes, purpose, situation
- Understand your Audience:
- Analysis, needs, expectations, demographics
- Audience’s attention spans – Why they stop listening, and what to do about it.
CREATE THE SPEECH
- Understand why most speeches fail
- Opening tips – Ready-made examples
- Your Core Message – ‘Phrase That Pays!’
- Use Powerful Language – Literary techniques to add extra spark
- Art of Communicating’s Speech Structure Map, including:
- Begin Powerfully – A.TT.I.C.S. Opening Technique
- Finish with Conviction – S.Q.A.C. Close Technique
- 3 Persuasive Speech Structures to keep you on track and get to the point
- Speech templates – For time-efficiency
- Fun scenarios – For you to practice creating & delivering.
- What’s sabotaging your emotional state?
- B.A.M. Confidence Technique – Know how to boost your confidence and manage your nerves
- Video reviews of your speeches with feedback
- 1st Impressions Count
- Elements of Communication – What’s important?
- Stop Boring Your Audience! – Engagement techniques
- Your Body Speaks – Eye contact, gestures, facial expression
- How to Move – When and how to walk the stage
- Improve Your Voice – Pace, power, pitch and pause
- Anchoring Stories – Emotion, stories, past & future ideas
- Delivering Fascinating Facts & Statistics
- Handling Q&A – Manage time, people and responses
- Use Props Professionally – Notes, lectern, handouts
- Effective Use of PowerPoint
TRANSFORMATION – The Grand Finale!
- Re-write your original presentation embedding new skills
- Re-deliver your speech – Captured on video and given to you on a stick
- Final feedback and suggestions to take your skills to the next level
- Create your action plan for continued improvement
- Certificates of Achievement awarded & celebrated!
Experienced Trainers – Professional Techniques
Our Public Speaking Trainers have over 15 years experience in training and developing communication and leadership skills across many industries – from very flamboyant, leading-edge entrepreneurs, to the steady, quiet, reserved sectors.
You will get tips and techniques from their extensive business and public speaking experience, as well as skills used by professional speakers from around the world.
Friendly, Supportive and Encouraging Environment
In all cases, you will develop your skills in a friendly, supportive and enthusiastic environment, receive constructive feedback to improve and therefore find it easy to stand up and express yourself with confidence.
At the Public Speaking Course in Hobart
- Analysis of your strengths & weaknesses
- Videos of your speeches for visual feedback
- Expert coaching from an award-winning speaker
- Personal attention – Max. 8 in the class
- Practical experience to use techniques immediately
- Art of Communicating’s Public Speaking Manual
- Art of Communicating’s Public Speaking Workbook
- Delicious morning teas & lunches
- A Public Speaking Certificate of Achievement
Is this Public Speaking Course in Hobart for YOU?
If you want to:
- Feel more confident and effective in front of an audience
- Deliver persuasive business presentations
- Establish your credibility and build rapport
- Keep your audience engaged and interested in your presentation
- Make your speeches meaningful and memorable
- Improve your voice, and use effective body language
- Know how to walk the stage with purpose
- Speak as a leader in your field for business and career success
… then this 2-day Public Speaking Course in Hobart is for you!
Please read course terms & conditions before you book.
We are confident our training methods produce results. If you are not completely satisfied, we provide a full money-back guarantee.