Public Speaking Course
Dates: 15th & 16th June 2019
Time: 9am to 4pm
Location: Conference Room, 9th floor
Adina Apartment Hotel, 511 Kent Street, Sydney
Inform, Engage & Influence!
Do you want to know how to speak up confidently in business and present your ideas effectively in order to enhance your career, business and leadership success?
At this 2-day public speaking course in Sydney, you’ll be provided with the knowledge, techniques, practical experience to prepare, create and deliver highly effective speeches.
In addition, you will learn from an award-winning public speaker and qualified trainer in a supportive and encouraging environment. Above all, you will know how to create and deliver presentations that inform, engage and influence any audience!
The Public Speaking Course in Sydney will help you to:
Speak up confidently at work
Keep your audience engaged, so they are interested your presentations and remember them
Organise your thoughts in order to stay on track and get to the point
Make your message meaningful, relevant and therefore, persuasive!
Understand how to use effective body language – Master non-verbal communication!
Feel more confident so that you make a lasting, positive impression
Improve your career and be recognised as a leader in your field
given knowledge and practical experience in:
- Setting & achieving speech objectives.
- Ensuring your message is relevant and meaningful to the audience.
- 3 Structured frameworks – Organise your thoughts; get to the point; stay on track.
- Powerful, attention-grabbing Openings (A.TT.I.C.S Technique © )
- Compelling, action-packed Closes (S.Q.A.C. Technique © )
- Fine-tuning language: stories, phrases, metaphors, facts/figures.
- Making your message stick!
- Evaluating yourself & others
- Understanding what makes a speech great.
given knowledge, techniques and practical experience in:
- Mastering body language – Non-verbal communication skills
- Knowing how to ‘walk the stage’
- Improving your vocal expression
- Using your voice for effect
- Strategic steps to avoid ‘Death by PowerPoint’
- Tips on using notes / podium / handouts effectively
- Controlling Q&A sessions
given techniques and exercises in:
- Uncovering fears around public speaking
- Applying the B.A.M. Confidence Techniques (Body, Action, Mind)
Take a Look at the Course Session Plans:
- Define qualities of excellent public speakers
- Deliver Your Speech – Initial assessment
- Evaluate a Presentation – Know what to look for & how to improve it
PREPARE THE SPEECH
- Creating Speech Objectives: Objectives, outcomes, purpose, situation
- Understand your Audience:
- Analysis, needs, expectations, demographics
- Audience’s attention spans – Why they stop listening, and what to do about it.
CREATE THE SPEECH
- Understand why most speeches fail
- Opening tips – Ready-made examples
- Your Core Message – ‘Phrase That Pays!’
- Use Powerful Language – Literary techniques to add extra spark
- Art of Communicating’s Speech Structure Map, including:
- Begin Powerfully – A.TT.I.C.S. Opening Technique
- Finish with Conviction – S.Q.A.C. Close Technique
- 3 Persuasive Speech Structures to keep you on track and get to the point
- Speech templates – For time-efficiency
- Fun scenarios – For you to practice creating & delivering.
- What’s sabotaging your emotional state?
- B.A.M. Confidence Technique – Know how to boost your confidence and manage your nerves
- Video reviews of your speeches with feedback
- 1st Impressions Count
- Elements of Communication – What’s important?
- Stop Boring Your Audience! – Engagement techniques
- Your Body Speaks – Eye contact, gestures, facial expression
- How to Move – When and how to walk the stage
- Improve Your Voice – Pace, power, pitch and pause
- Anchoring Stories – Emotion, stories, past & future ideas
- Delivering Fascinating Facts & Statistics
- Handling Q&A – Manage time, people and responses
- Use Props Professionally – Notes, lectern, handouts
- Effective Use of PowerPoint
TRANSFORMATION – The Grand Finale!
- Re-write your original presentation embedding new skills
- Re-deliver your speech – Captured on video and given to you on a stick
- Final feedback and suggestions to take your skills to the next level
- Create your action plan for continued improvement
- Certificates of Achievement awarded & celebrated!
Career and Business Success
Many of our course participants say their lives have changed after receiving this training. That is because they stand out and are recognised once they know how to speak up confidently and present information professionally in business situations.
Friendly, Supportive, Enthusiastic Learning Environment
Our Public Speaking Trainers have over 15 years experience in training and developing communication and leadership skills across many industries – from very flamboyant, leading-edge entrepreneurs, to the steady, quiet, reserved sectors.
You will get tips and techniques from their extensive business and public speaking experience, as well as skills used by professional speakers from around the world.
In all cases, you will develop your skills in a friendly, supportive and enthusiastic environment, receive constructive feedback to improve and therefore find it easy to stand up and express yourself with confidence.
- Analysis of your strengths & weaknesses
- Video of your performances – before & after results
- Expert coaching from an award-winning speaker
- Personal attention – Max 8 in the class
- Practical experience – apply new techniques immediately
- Art of Communicating’s Public Speaking Manual
- Sydney Public Speaking Workbook
- Delicious morning teas & lunches
- Sydney Public Speaking Certificate of Achievement
Is This Public Speaking Course For You?
If you want to:
- Speak up confidently at work
- Deliver effective business presentations
- Promote your business, product or service
- Become influential and persuasive
- Improve your career opportunities
- Speak as a leader in your field
… then this 2-day Public Speaking Course in Sydney is for you!
All the tips were relevant to developing my communication. The part that was most useful was developing the purpose of my speech and all the techniques that will make me connect to my audience.
A fantastic course!
This course was of enormous benefit to me as it helped me to structure my speeches, simplify the core message and use body language.
Most importantly, I was able to break my business message down to 4 powerful words that are clear and easy to remember, and can be used to brand my business. I am now able to speak confidently about my business services to anyone!
Very valuable for my professional and personal advancement.
It helped me greatly to build confidence and develop communication skills.
I loved the experience and improved enormously in my completion of the public speaking course.
Strong use of theory and practice. Excellent!
I thoroughly recommend this course to anyone wanting to improve their confidence, structuring and delivery skills in public speaking.
The trainer, Charmaine, created a class which was very supportive, fun, positive and passionate.
I would encourage everyone I know to participate in this course as it’s been a great way to learn to speak with confidence and develop essential communication skills.
I’d just like to say how much I’m enjoying this class. I love the fact that everyone is sharing something of themselves through their stories, which we so rarely see in social or class situations.
You really do make it such a safe and supportive environment that I feel my confidence boosting with every class.
I was just commanding my students, not communicating with them, but you brought out the real me inside! We all have this skill but it’s people like you only can bring it out and make it useful.
There is a great need for your courses. Great. Great. Great.
Learning public speaking was extremely beneficial to me because I learnt to answer impromptu questions, be comfortable in my own skin and own my space.
A sincere thank you to Charmaine, the Trainer. She has a gift of explaining things in a way that is very understandable and I was able to see things in a different light. It’s helped me in almost every aspect of my life!
GREAT experience, great environment and a well worth the investment. I liked the constructive feedback, learning in a safe environment and trying new things that I normally wouldn’t risk doing.
Most people would pay a lot more money to learn and improve from your training. Excellent value… I think you should even charge more for your sessions!!
Great trainer and course. I really enjoyed all aspects. The time went quickly but it was definitely worthwhile.
I learned about structuring and presentation efficiency, how to improve delivery and boost confidence.
Communication skills improved dramatically and confidence ZOOMED!
Great inspiring tutor – motivating – great set of people, all encouraging and enthusiastic. Loved it!
Fantastic course! Charmaine is a beautiful person and great coach.
I can’t believe how much we all learned! Excellent results.
Please read course terms & conditions before you book.
We are confident our training methods produce results. If you are not completely satisfied, we provide a full money-back guarantee.